Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to stir it up, I thought I'd pose a question for you all to consider.

Who are the Valdorians still alive today?

Chapter 8 spoilers:

Spoiler:  

Ash: I'm asking Chronos if he killed all of the Valdorians. If he killed Riley's family.

"All?" Chronos responds by saying that there are still a few alive today.

Any theories as to who the living Valdorians might be?

Comment

Very good question. Depending on if you killed King Janus, Chronos will speak of 5 or 4 remaining Valdorians alive. Two that are given are (obviously) Princess Riley Valdor and King Ezra Valdor. I haven't seen any others, but because you talk about it cowbunny, I will make it a point to decipher the remaining 2 from the current story. Thanks a lot for the question! I always like a good challenge and I will get back to you when I have more details and theories on the matter.

Comment

I believe Fulgur was a court jester for Valdor haha. He has that Valdorian tattoo. And perhaps Ash and Chronos are also as their parents had some connection to the king. But that is just guessing. I believe also Petora was the flower girl who saw Chronos when you back to that point and perhaps she is one also

Comment

So I don't want to spoil things but

the person who sends the messages is somewhat revealed by Ezra in chapter 9 as someone he once knew. So when we learn more of Ezra and who he knows it should open some more pages on the story behind the messages.

Comment

So new theory. I ended up in a completely different path that made me rethink a bunch.

So if you end up talking with Ezra and finding him he reveals a bunch of different things. First he says that the messages were from someone he knew. He also tells Ash later that he is someone who lost someone dear to him. When you first meet Ezra he seems very cold and insensitive. I believe this is when he lost that someone. Janus was the king at this time and would have been related to Ezra. Still not sure on how old Ezra is but I wonder and here is where my theory starts.

Ash and Chronos are half human. We don't know though if that is from their mother or father. We know that they worked for Janus in some way. When you first meet Ezra he almost kills Ash but then ends up healing Ash and says that he saw something that reminded him of himself. He then says to ash to find him when he is stronger on Mount Asura. Ezra then says later that Ash did when he saw Ash coming for the Chronogem. Ezra also seemed to know already that him and Chronos were brothers. But we see that in the past baby Ash was given away to the Elden's before then. So Ezra would have had to have known of Ash's history before then.

Part of me wonder. Are Ash and Luthor somehow related to Ezra? Is the person that was dear to him lost thier mother and Ezra's daughter? Is Ezra grieving that he lost his son king Janus to madness? Perhaps he lost someone to the Valordian disease? Perhaps Ezra was Luthor's teacher and he felt that he lost Luthor to radical ideas and has hope that Ash would live beyond the pain of revenge that Luthor could not. Ezra seems to be trying to stop something Luthor is doing but he is not willing to tell Ash as he feels Ash is too emotionally weak.

But also it seems that Ezra thinks that if Ash can grow in some areas he might be able to stop Chronos.

Certainly a lot of options

Comment

• ChristineMoon
              ChristineMoon commented
              Editing a comment
              Originally posted by Sashimioishi View Post
              Ash and Chronos are half human. We don't know though if that is from their mother or father.
              I'm sure I'm a little late to this answer, but I found out it was their father. When Chronos is talking in chapter 9, he says "what if my father never came to Alyncia?"

• ChristineMoon
              ChristineMoon commented
              Editing a comment
              This scene amazed me, and I still play it every time I do chapter 5. I know you've probably played it many times since typing this. But I have 2 thoughts- first, Ash isn't exactly remembering these scenes. Chronos wasn't present when Riley threw Ash off Aion, but said later that every time there's a time shift, he sees visions about it. I believe Ash was seeing the same in Asura. . Second, I don't think Chronos cast a spell that made the being drop him. If you talk to Ezra in chapter 9, Ash references the Mt. Asura flashback. It makes me think the prior scene was history repeating itself. I'm sure you know exactly what, but I'll PM if you want me to.

Hello all, sorry that I haven't posted in a while. College keeps me busy. But I found something very interesting when re-exploring Timecrest 1. I wanted to have a complete run as a good base to go through Timecrest 2 with, but with Gravitas Magnus instead of Levitas Magnus. However, I found someone I have never seen before. Be warned, this may contain spoilers even for people who have played through the game several times. This was new to me and I have completed well over 100 runs. And this character raised a big question with me. WHO IS THE BEING OF LIGHT??? After trying to do everything I could in the first part of the game, I discovered a scene I had never seen before atop Mount Asura. First, let me list all of the things I accomplished beforehand.
            I learned Ash is a descendent of humans.
            I met the mysterious Dragon Rider.
            I learned that the Dragon Rider's name is Ezra.
            I saw Riley with Ash's Parents in Lyall.
            I witnessed the Valdorian disease in Valdor.
            I encountered the flower girl in Valdor.
            Lyall was destroyed, killing Ash's parents.
            Ash killed King Janus Valdor, Riley's Father.
            Riley wrote Ash a letter to warn of danger.
            Ash learned that the hooded man is Guildmaster Fulgur.
            In addition, the first message in the red text didn't come when the meteors fell on Mount Asura, but while Lyall was being destroyed... Already I could tell something was off. Yet what to come far outweighs this scene.
            Following all of those achievements, I saw an intriguing scene when I reached Asura. The first thing I saw was an illusion of Guildmaster Petora. She said "I see. This was that old bastard's doing." Following that, Ash asks what she wants. And Petora responds "I want you to leave Mount Asura, Ash, and come with me. Everything is not as it seems."
            Already this seemed quite odd from the other hundred (literally, at least) times I have completed this. Then Ash continued upwards, and found a family of muffins that gave me a piece of Irillium. Now I knew that something was very different. I had never encountered a family of muffies. Not in any run, even when I climbed the same path, never had I seen that. However, next piece of dialogue was what shocked me the most.Ash begins to remember things. There was a person who was radiating brilliant light with their back to him. Seven glyphs of different colors are circling him. And then, across from the Being of Light is none other than Young Chronos! The Being of Light's attack threw Chronos up the mountain, and that was the end of the vision. And Ash is as shocked by the scene as we are.
            Then when Ash follows where Young Chronos was thrown, we reach another platform. Ash doesn't see Young Chronos or the Being of Light, but does see a young girl. She has blood trickling down her face and cuts and bruises all over her body. And her hair keeps changing colors. Yes, this small girl is Young Guildmaster Petora! The only thing she says is "Luthor... don't... you don't have to..." And then she disappears.
            Going up once more, we find Young Chronos and the Being of Light once more! The Being of Light is holding Young Chronos up by the throat while his feet dangle in the air. While all seems lost for him, he chants a spell that forces the Being of Light to drop Young Chronos. And then they both disappear.
            Needless to say, this was by far the biggest discovery I had ever come upon. I have not yet found anything pertaining to the mysterious Being of Light as of yet in Timecrest 2, but I haven't gotten too far in the story yet. I am currently in Nightshade Forest. However, it does show up when looking at the list of achievements, so I have to think there is going to be some hint into who this mysterious Being of Light is in Timecrest 2.
            Who do you think this mysterious character is? How does he fit into the story? Have you ever encountered him?
            Sashimioishi Also, I wanted to mention that you did an excellent job with your theory, it covered a ton of what I would like to cover in my Ezra theory. I hope you don't mind if I quote your stuff a little bit! Haha! From one theorizer to another, excellent job!!!

Comment

• MC Melody
              MC Melody commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi just curious but how did you encounter the flower girl in Valdor cause I've never found her before, but I would like too. Also, if you could give me more details on how to encounter the being of light that would be awesome.
              Last edited by MC Melody; 09-16-2016, 07:51 PM.

• ChristineMoon
              ChristineMoon commented
              Editing a comment
              For anyone that reads back, you don't need an orb to find the flower girl. Both that and the being of light have to do with when you visit Valdor or what you do there.

• Levri
              Levri commented
              Editing a comment
              Waitwaitwait okay so I’m relatively new to the Timecrest family and Im still on my second run through of it but I was able to unlock the family of muffies and Master Petora scenes on my first run through....I was wondering if there were any other instances of finding Irillium in the game so I could trade out more for time crystals. After the Irillium counter originally showed up at the merchant’s shop tab, its stayed there and was also kept through the beginning of the next run through!

Oh, also, the game was lagging at the beginning of the second run-through- I dont know if its something I missed, but I didnt see an explanation for having AC’s sword (since I unlocked it in the last play through) and after Ash goes to the Grand Library and meets everyone in Team 13, there was a detail that mentioned AC putting his hand towards the hilt of his sword, but the sword was in Ash’s [not unlocked] inventory....
              Last edited by Levri; 07-26-2018, 12:50 AM.

I have a theory that might have a little of everyone's theories sprinkled in!!!
            Spoiler:  
            The being of light was the special someone/old friend Ezra lost and had trained and he turned evil and Ezra regretted it so he promised not to train others so they wouldn't end up like him. Ezra must've trapped this being in the door. Luther son of human Julius timecrest and Helena timecrest Alyncian and mother figure to Ignis and scarlet and Riley connects to the human world using the pocket watch and he wants his human friend to have powers so he imbues it with time magic. Luther after losing his parents to king Janus is desperate to get his parents back and to have a world where human descendants like him and ash can live in peace looks to dark magic, but his human friend discourages it and in his fit of rage he disconnects the spell and then he found the door (he is the good man) and the being of light behind the door which I believe is called chronos is the stranger/evil. Chronos offers to help bring back his parents using dark magic that he must've learned from Ezra if Luther helps him escape the door. Luther opens the door setting him free but finds out Chronos is evil and the only way to suppress him was to trap chronos in luthers body but that would trap Luther in chronos body behind the door(once the door opens he will truly be free)for the greater good which young Petora that is in love with him does not want him to do, but he does. Then Chronos free destroys Valdor thinking it will draw out Ezra. Cause he used to be king. Meanwhile Riley found the timecrest home abandoned save for ash and the pocket watch so she gives him to the eldens who she trusts to take care of him and she goes to chronos trying to help him because she believes that Luther can be saved. So it is chronos that was fighting Ezra and trapped him and won by using Luther and his fathers chrono gem. But to be himself again and free from the door chronos must comply with his deal and bring back helana and Julius timecrest which works if a person that truly cares about the person and is blood related that is being brought back goes with chronos to the door where his body is and he can cast the spell to bring them back which is what hehe tries to do for ignis, but it only partially worked because he is not truly free in his own body yet but when he is it will work. But it is one person per person so Luther cares about one parent and ash the other and both are blood related which is why chronos and ignis are obeying Luther and bringing ash so he can be free and in his body at full power. The red writing was when chronos found a way to use Luthers nexatus spell connection with the watch to use his body in the door to communicate to the outside world as well and he uses it to lure ash to the door. The blue writing was Luther in chronos's body communicating through the watch which is why chronos denies the blue writing even though when he talks its blue because it is from Luthers body. The door is flawed too in that it shows a person who that person opening it wants to revive like Riley/a.c instead of ashs parents. Chronos frees Ezra from the Chronos gem because he needs its power to later regain his body at the door because he is growing weak and he knows Ezra will be weak when released so he takes the chance.
            Questions comments concerns? Sorry not my best grammar but ideas flow fast and capturing it on print is no easy task.
            Last edited by MC Melody; 09-02-2016, 09:06 PM.
            ~MC Melody!!!

Comment

Does anyone know the different outcomes to going to Olliver's house with AC in the special scene?

Comment

• MC Melody
                MC Melody commented
                Editing a comment
                I only know one. If you look around the room and ask ash about the flower he says it's an iris and A.C. remembers someone named Iris.

• Ben
                Ben commented
                Editing a comment
                That's the only one, others are just that they have to leave because everyone started cleaning. They didn't trigger anything for A.C.

cowbunny I think the Valdorians are:
              Spoiler:  
              Riley, Ezra, Janus (if he's alive), Fulgur and maybe Conner. I think Conner could be one of the Valdorians because he turned in Marik, a human descendant. We know that Valdorians didn't like other people besides themselves so it's possible he is carrying out their legacy of hatred. Maybe he also has a hatred for Riley, though we haven't seen this yet I don't think, since she's nice to everyone.

Comment

• MC Melody
                MC Melody commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't think Fulgur is a valdorian because if you ask ash about Fulgur after talking to Fulgur about Chronos casting a spell on the watch to speak directly to you he says Fulgur used to experiment with people and transfer body parts to see if it would transfer magical abilities. So if Fulgur told ash that the tattoo wasn't his like he did then he probably transfer someone's skin with it onto his a own.

• Petora-chan
                Petora-chan commented
                Editing a comment
                @MC Melody

Spoiler:  
                Oh I see. Seems like Fulgur has some dark and interesting history. I think I read somewhere that Fulgur was one of the mages that can use more than one specific type of magic well. Maybe that has something to do with his experiments on transferring body parts and all. Creepy, haha.

I just reached the point where I have to choose between going with riley or Roger, this is my first play through. Any suggestions on whom should I choose? I have gravitas and gravitas magnus. Please help. Thanks.

Comment

• Ben
                Ben commented
                Editing a comment
                Either one is really good. They both have their benefits and drawbacks. The one surefire suggestion I can give you is not to read any of this until you do both They are both really awesome stories and I just wanted to warn you so you can experience them all for yourself. But if you really want advice, then what are you most interested in in terms of the story? Like what mystery do you want solved more?

• MC Melody
                MC Melody commented
                Editing a comment
                I say go with Riley first because it provides a bit better insight if you go with Roger later on.

I actually would prefer filling up the relationship bars of all the characters, but mostly , I want to know why Ezra helped ash learn the Magnus spell when he is evil and stuff, so I guess I should take Riley's path then? But I keep wondering if that affects ash's relationship with the other 3.

Comment

• MC Melody
                MC Melody commented
                Editing a comment
                Don't worry you can't lose relationship points and this path also provides plenty of opportunities to increase them.

I just realized what if Elise and Riley are sisters or related and they are each other's oposites. Because Elise has almost demon like powers, such as talking with the dead and the chains she can create while being a mostly dark and gloomy person and Riley on the other hand is very kind and cheerful and can grow wings like an angel. Also, in one scene when you visits Old Valdor and Ash and Roeer catch Riley and her Father talking Elise catches sight of him and comments something along the lines of I can't believe the old Bastard is still breathing and usually eluse acts weird around Riley by avoiding her and stuff.
              Last edited by MC Melody; 09-16-2016, 08:02 PM.
              ~MC Melody!!!

Comment

It has been quite a while since I last posted. Work has kept me exceptionally busy, but never busy enough to not read all the wonderful theories you guys have written!!!
                I have 2 new theories, but I will only cover 1 of them in this post.
                Where did the time crystals come from? By definition, they are "Mysterious dark crystals that emit a pale blue light." As we know, they are used to move forward in time. I believe that these crystals were created by Young Chronos. During Ash's flashbacks, when baby Ash and young Chronos are in his lab, Chronos is "casting magic over some crystals." Perhaps these were the earliest experiments of Chronos's capabilities with time magic? Whether early or late, I believe it is quite clear that these crystals were the results of Chronos's experimentation. But one interesting thing to note is the pale blue light is that it is the same description of the look of the Alycnian glyphs that appear on Ash's pocket watch. Though it would be a long shot with little supporting evidence, perhaps the blue light has something to do with time magic and Chronos also cast a spell over the pocket watch after its creation that allowed his human companion to cast magic in their world. If humans are unable to cast magic in Alycnia (with the player as the obvious exception), perhaps the pocket watch has something to do with it as a gateway not only to communication with the human world, but magic as well? As in inventor, Chronos would work tirelessly to make his pocket watch the best that it could be and beyond the function of regular communication. It would not be the most farfetched idea to think that Chronos made the pocket watch capable of using Time Magic in Alyncia as part of his experimentation with the device. Also it could be an interesting thing to note about the Timecrest Merchant's great interest in the Time Crystals, so much that he would sell his greatest invention for them. Maybe he figured out that Chronos created the crystals, or that he is trying to discover how to use them. The crystals would be invaluable to anyone in Alyncia, as they would be able to manipulate time themselves. Maybe the Timecrest Merchant is trying to use them to control time in some way as well.

Comment

I think to find the being of light you have to try do everything that Ben did but when traveling to Valdor use a teleport orb if you want to see the flower girl and some special chronos moments because I used a teleport because I didn't want to wait and I got to meet the flower girl, but when I used the griffin transport it took 8 hours and when Ash got their I didn't meet the flower girl, the gates were already opens so he just walked in, and theere were bodies everywhere. So to recap, the teleport orb to Valdor allows you to see more special scenes but without it and doing what Ben said you can still see the being of light.
                  Last edited by MC Melody; 10-11-2016, 06:35 PM. Reason: Discovery
                  ~MC Melody!!!

Comment

• Ben
                    Ben commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks MC Melody!!! That is a critical step as well in finding the Being of Light! Thanks for the note!!!

I was thinking about chapter 3.

Spoiler:  
                  in every other instance when we turn back time, we are taken back only a relatively short period of time. There is no other instance of going back days, let alone over a decade. However, follow the progression of unlikely circumstances this time.

Ash gets pushed off Aion. When we turn back time to save Ash, we just happen to arrive right on time to see Chronos destroying Valdor. Ash charges at young Chronos. Instead of killing Ash like he did everyone else, young Chronos alters time, and happens to know exactly where in the timeline Ash belongs.

The whole thing is rather implausible if Ash's presence there is a mere coincidence caused by an inexperienced human's use of time magic. So, I don't think we actually turned back time at this point. I think Chronos orchestrated the danger on Aion, then used the opportunity to send Ash to that exact point in history. He wanted Ash to see that, and then return to the present. But why? Also, how did the younger Chronos know that he should return ash to that time?

So, any ideas? Am I completely off my rocker? Alternatively, was this obvious and I've been missing it all this time? LOL.
                  Last edited by JEkis; 10-25-2016, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X