This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Petora-chan View Post
    What is the Mighty Bat? I saw it in the patch notes.
    The Mighty Bat is a special item granted to one of our players, DiannaMiurcast, who was very involved with the community and brought many new players to Timecrest. We made a special item for her to thank her for her contributions.

Comment

What was the first language that you coded in?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben View Post
        What was the first language that you coded in?
        When I was a kid, I borrowed books from the library on computer programming. This is one of the ones I remembered:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxv...RaTy1LLVE/view

Our family had an old IBM XT computer, and I'd type in the programs from these books written in BASIC, and run them to see what they would do.

After typing in all of these programs, one day I realized I could write my own. I never formally learn how to program, I just sort of picked it up after looking at a lot of programs and reading these books.

Later on, I learned a lot more programming languages, C and a bit of x86 Assembly language so I could do fast graphics on a VGA monitor.

When I got to high school, I learned Pascal because that's what the computer courses were taught in, as well as C++ and object oriented programming. I didn't learn Java until college and then the rest of the languages depending on where I worked, since every company seems to use a different programming language. (Ruby, Python, Javascript, C#, PHP, Objective-C etc.)

Timecrest is written entirely in Swift, a programming language Apple made that works on iOS and Apple Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by cowbunny View Post

When I was a kid, I borrowed books from the library on computer programming. This is one of the ones I remembered:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxv...RaTy1LLVE/view

Our family had an old IBM XT computer, and I'd type in the programs from these books written in BASIC, and run them to see what they would do.

After typing in all of these programs, one day I realized I could write my own. I never formally learn how to program, I just sort of picked it up after looking at a lot of programs and reading these books.

Later on, I learned a lot more programming languages, C and a bit of x86 Assembly language so I could do fast graphics on a VGA monitor.

When I got to high school, I learned Pascal because that's what the computer courses were taught in, as well as C++ and object oriented programming. I didn't learn Java until college and then the rest of the languages depending on where I worked, since every company seems to use a different programming language. (Ruby, Python, Javascript, C#, PHP, Objective-C etc.)

Timecrest is written entirely in Swift, a programming language Apple made that works on iOS and Apple Watch.
          Oh wow! So you have been interested in programming since a young age!!! That's really cool! Is it weird to look back on those books and see how now you code in Swift and think of how far you have come?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben View Post
            Oh wow! So you have been interested in programming since a young age!!! That's really cool! Is it weird to look back on those books and see how now you code in Swift and think of how far you have come?
            All I see is how much I have to learn. There's a saying, where the more you know, the more you know you don't know.

Comment

What do muffies look like? Ash ran into a family of them (and one of them gave us a piece of Irillium; how sweet!) and I've been really curious about their appearance ever since. And seeing as they're sort of used as a swear/slur, they're really common, aren't they?

Also, since yesterday my head has been BURSTING with ideas to build around Timecrest. I mentioned doing fanart on Twitter (which directed me to the forums), but truth be told I'm not much of an artist.

What I am good at, though, is writing. I saw a fanfiction contest a bit down into the forum topics, but there wasn't really a thread for fanfiction posting. I was wondering if we could set one of that up as well, so I can get all these ideas out of my head and into words

Comment

Originally posted by YearlyAquariAce View Post
                What do muffies look like? Ash ran into a family of them (and one of them gave us a piece of Irillium; how sweet!) and I've been really curious about their appearance ever since. And seeing as they're sort of used as a swear/slur, they're really common, aren't they?

Also, since yesterday my head has been BURSTING with ideas to build around Timecrest. I mentioned doing fanart on Twitter (which directed me to the forums), but truth be told I'm not much of an artist.

What I am good at, though, is writing. I saw a fanfiction contest a bit down into the forum topics, but there wasn't really a thread for fanfiction posting. I was wondering if we could set one of that up as well, so I can get all these ideas out of my head and into words
                Muffies are little white fluff balls with tiny little feet. Their fur is so long you can't even see their tiny little eyes or faces unless you pull it aside.

They're common and cute. They're found in Everend (the Northern part of Magus Firma containing Timecrest and Aurumhalla) and Icecade (the Southern part of Magus Firma) with the fluffies of Muffies. You won't see them in Baskdor (the Eastern part of Magus Firma containing Windsorhowl) because it's too hot there.

If you want to write fan-fiction, we wholeheartedly support it. We'll create a thread for you!

Comment

Muffies are little white fluff balls with tiny little feet. Their fur is so long you can't even see their tiny little eyes or faces unless you pull it aside.

They're common and cute. They're found in Everend (the Northern part of Magus Firma containing Timecrest and Aurumhalla) and Icecade (the Southern part of Magus Firma) with the fluffies of Muffies. You won't see them in Baskdor (the Eastern part of Magus Firma containing Windsorhowl) because it's too hot there.

If you want to write fan-fiction, we wholeheartedly support it. We'll create a thread for you!
                  They sound like something I'll accidentally squeeze to death, hehe. And thanks!

Comment

I just checked your reply again and noticed that instead of saying Alyncia you said Magus Firma. I haven't finished my first run of Timecrest 2 yet, so if it's mentioned somewhere in Chapter Ten, I haven't got there yet. But if it's not mentioned, what or where is Magus Firma?

Comment

Oh also, new question: How did the Valdorian hierarchy work, if there is one at all? And what do Valdorian tattoos look like?

Comment

I just checked your reply again and noticed that instead of saying Alyncia you said Magus Firma. I haven't finished my first run of Timecrest 2 yet, so if it's mentioned somewhere in Chapter Ten, I haven't got there yet. But if it's not mentioned, what or where is Magus Firma?
                        Alyncia is the entire world, but Magus Firma is the name of the biggest continent in Alyncia. It's not mentioned in the story yet, we thought it would be boring if Ash sat around giving you a geography lesson.

Comment

Alyncia is the entire world, but Magus Firma is the name of the biggest continent in Alyncia. It's not mentioned in the story yet, we thought it would be boring if Ash sat around giving you a geography lesson.
                          How many continents are there in Alyncia? What continent is Ash on?

Comment

Ohh I see...

What about the Valdorian hierarchy, then? And the tattoos?

And I second Ben 's question.

Comment

Ohh I see...

What about the Valdorian hierarchy, then? And the tattoos?

And I second Ben 's question.
                              Inspired by your question, we drew the tattoo, here: https://twitter.com/Timecrest/status/790281296618532864

Comment

Well doesn't it look ominous :P

Comment

Working...
                                X