X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChristineMoon
    commented on 's reply
    They’re both amazing. Great job.

And I think the writers are aware of the hair colors, and will correct in a future update. But good catch. (I personally think of her with brown hair).

• Cai
    replied
    Originally posted by Aria of the soul View Post
    Cai Omg look at Chronos!!<3 now I’m interested in his outfit.
    btw I love how he and Ash look alike
    Aaaaaa I wish I was a better clothes designer. Honestly one of the more challenging things to think about while drawing is what everyone's wearing and how to build on the information we have from canon. I was thinking of hourglass motifs somewhere in Chronos' outfit but I wasn't sure how to execute it so I kinda just slapped on a random cloak and outfit LOL.
    And thank you! I really need to work on distinguishing facial features but I did want to incorporate some sibling resemblance.

Leave a comment:

• Cai
    replied
    ChristineMoon I don't draw children often so the practice is always welcome! This has been on my list of "Timecrest ideas to draw" so I'm actually really glad you asked about young Luthor & Riley.

Alas I have reached my upload quota and keep running into an error when I try to attach a photo, so I hope you don't mind the link instead! (Let me know if it doesn't work.) https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DwcGhUOVsAA7Yk8.jpg:large

I added some rough color too but not sure if I like it more than without color: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DwcGjAmV4AEjgSL.jpg:large
    In any case, I think I'll clean this up in the future and actually fully color it.

Edit: I wasn't sure whether to draw young Riley with light brown hair (per usual) or black hair (per Elise's oracle noting Riley's black hair in a family portrait when she was young ) but I went with light brown for now.
    Last edited by Cai; 01-08-2019, 06:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mochi
    replied
    Cai I love your art so much! Thank you so much for taking your time to draw this!

Leave a comment:

• Aria of the soul
    replied
    Cai Omg look at Chronos!!<3 now I’m interested in his outfit.
    btw I love how he and Ash look alike

Leave a comment:

• ChristineMoon
    replied
    Cai Going back to chapter 3, Luthor was around 13, and Riley was around 8-9 when she dropped Ash with the Eldens. Is it harder or easier to draw children as characters? Because I’m kinda curious about what they would’ve looked like.

Leave a comment:

• ChristineMoon
    replied
    Cai I love all of them. I laughed at the thought of McD’s but you captured i very well.

And I honestly don’t know if I like Chronos more with or without the goatee. But I had never pictured what he looked like, and I really can see that character when I’m reading the story now.

Leave a comment:

• Cai
    replied
    Oh! I should add that Chronos' goatee (?) was directly inspired by hyperhs 's version of him. Here he is without it. ​​​​​​​
    Click image for larger version

Name:	chronos no goatee.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	3046

Leave a comment:

• Cai
    replied
    Mochi I actually already know how I picture Petora, Fulgur, and Olliver, but I started with Chronos and ended up just drawing (and redrawing and redrawing) him so far. I also started thinking about how he looks like compared to Ash so I sketched them both out. I like to imagine Ash looks a lot more like him when he narrows his eyes.
    I'll draw the other guildmasters later but I figured I should post at least this for now!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	chronos vs ash.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	352.4 KB
ID:	3044

Leave a comment:

• Cai
    replied
    cowbunny Aw thanks! + LOL, I hope the McDonalds run was satisfactory.

Aria of the soul My pleasure! And thanks, glad you like it. ❤️

Mochi Hey! I’ve been working on the guild masters but ran into a hurdle in that I can’t quite pin down how to draw Chronos.. I’ll keep working on it though!

Leave a comment:

• Aria of the soul
    replied
    Cai Awwwww its very beautiful, I really love it.
    I really love your art, so thanks for drawing<3

Leave a comment:

• cowbunny
    replied
    Cai , we think this is a beautiful piece of fan art! You've inspired a McDonalds day for us.

Leave a comment:

• Cai
    replied
    Aria of the soul Thanks for waiting! Here it is. The gang tries McDonald's. Elise tries the sweet tea and isn't impressed. Roger makes a comment about the grease but keeps eating fries anyway. Ash is thrilled to try the food from the golden arches but upon taking a bite immediately starts thinking about how it can be improved. He's still happy nonetheless about being able to share the McDonald's experience with his human best friend. Meanwhile A.C. takes full advantage of the new all-day breakfast menu. It's a little rough but I hope you enjoy it!
    Last edited by Cai; 12-29-2018, 06:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cai
    replied
    Hello! Just wanted to give an update: I mentioned I was free from school but unfortunately the requests popped in right when my work shifts were scheduled back to back. I’m still very intent on drawing these—I’ll finish and post them as soon as I can!

Leave a comment:

• ChristineMoon
    commented on 's reply
    Welcome to the board, Moshi!

And I agree- I would love to see all 3 of them. Curious what color Petora’s hair will be.
Working...
X