QOTW: Why didn’t Chronos kill Ash? Ends 12/4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QOTW: Why didn’t Chronos kill Ash? Ends 12/4

In chapter 3, you are sent back to Valdor just in time to see its destruction. You watch in horror as Chronos uses a much stronger version of Ash’s spell to easily destroy the army of Valdor, and then counters the spell. But just before he destroys everything, you looks at Ash, whose body phases out [Chronos is altering time], back to present day.

Why didn’t he kill Ash, if for no other reason than self-defense? And did he choose to send Ash back to 1014 MG, or was that you?

As always, the winner of this week’s contest will receive 300 gems. If 5 or more people share a theory, we will have a second place winner of 100 gems, and if 8 people play, a random winner will be awarded 50 gems. Please mark text for spoilers, and try not to use the oracles if possible.

Good luck, and I can’t wait to hear your theory!
    Last edited by ChristineMoon; 11-28-2017, 08:45 AM. Reason: Edited for end date.

Perhaps it wasn't the first time Chronos encountered Ash. If Chronos can control time, or exists outside of it, perhaps the Chronos of the future could warn past Chronos, creating a quantum time loop, after noticing Ash's return to the past. Ash originally did not exist in the timeline of 998 M.G. until we sent him back there, so why not warn his past self of his brother's return? It's oddly peculiar that he knew exactly when to turn around and send Ash back just when he's charging for the Barrier of Death, and go straight for the exact place and time that Ash needed to go? Also Ash's return to the Apple Courtyard is quite intriguing; in Chapter 2, Ash said the last place he thought of was the Apple Courtyard, where he first connected with us, but Ash was absolutely not thinking of the courtyard when he was trying to stop Chronos. And also note that Ash was dropped off after he initially left, as any time before would leave a chance of a temporal paradox (Ash seeing himself), so these are extremely specific details that only someone with explicit knowledge of Ash's actions in the past and of how to preserve his timeline (and also to not kill him). Good question, ChristineMoon!

Comment

We are extending the deadline, in case anyone wants to share their theory.
      Last edited by ChristineMoon; 11-28-2017, 08:43 AM.

Comment

I suspect that Chronos knew that it was Ash and not just a random person. My grounds for thinking this are that Chronos is Ash’s brother, so I think that he felt a connection to her. Even though Ash at the time was a baby, I think that Chronos felt the connection and decided to send older Ash back to her own time to keep her safe. Otherwise, what would stop Chronos from just incinerating Ash on site?
        Last edited by ChristineMoon; 12-01-2017, 08:53 AM. Reason: spoiler

Comment

• South
          South commented
          Editing a comment
          You can use [ spoiler ] (your words) [ /spoiler ] to hide your spoiler sentences, just remove the space.
          Last edited by South; 12-01-2017, 04:43 AM.

• ChristineMoon
          ChristineMoon commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, South.

I think it’s actually Chronos from the current timeline who phases Ash away before his past self can do something.

he’s shown the ability to understand what the pocket watch is saying even before “casting a spell” to hear us in later chapters. Riley says that he used to talk to the pocket watch himself, so obviously he is able to hear what is coming from it. My guess is that he is spying on Ash using the pocket watch and that’s how he knows what’s going on. I’m also guessing that he sent Ash that far back in the past to begin with.

Comment

Congratulations to this week’s winner, @dudelove721!

I will be pm’ing your code to redeem for 300 gems. As always, thanks to everyone who played!!

Comment

Yay! Thank you kindly.

Comment

He was his brother, and I think that even though he hated Ash, he couldn’t find it in himself to kill him, especially when that was the last thing that their parents would have wanted.

Comment

• ChristineMoon
                ChristineMoon commented
                Editing a comment
                Hello, Morty! Welcome to the forums. I like your theory- there’s not much out there stronger than a blood bond.

Hope to hear more of your ideas in the future.
            Working...
            X