Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halloween Special: What scene terrified you the most?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween Special: What scene terrified you the most?

Timecrest has had some shocking scenes, especially the first time through. For Halloween, I want you to write the most terrifying scene you remember like how you remember it - not from the text, write from what you remember and cross that with the terror you remember. Additionally, you can share your best terrifying tales, or maybe write the rest of Ash's dream, where Ignis, covered in blood, faces Ash after his mysterious line "Why did you do this to me Ash?"

This week, we will have a very special surprise. The first ten (legitimate) entries will each receive a prize of 150 Time Crystals!!! Your entry must be descriptive and 3 sentences in length. We will also be giving out a random 200 Time Crystal reward, available to all applicants. Now, without further ado, fire away!
    Last edited by Ben; 10-31-2017, 11:50 PM.

Lines are great here!
    I loved when Ash said “Maybe I’m a negotiating genius!”.

Comment

• ChristineMoon
      ChristineMoon commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome to the forum, MrC! Hope to hear more of your thoughts in the future.

I wasn't really terrified by anything. However:
    I can for sure single out the scene where AC dies as the most shocking. I've never gone that path after the first time simply because it was so hard to read. Not terrifying, but gruesome. As far as I can remember, it went the following way: on their way to Windsorhowl, Ash, AC, Elise and, of course, Roger encounter Ignis. Everyone nearly dies, his flames are unstoppable. At some point he conjures fire-hounds (sorry if that's not what happened; I tend to block memories that make me feel that bad for someone). Being at his limit, AC gets his memories back and starts using lightening magic, infusing his sword with it. He is pretty powerful, but not enough to win against Ignis. Ignis gets ahold of AC's head and melts it with his hand. So basically AC dies by having his head melt while he is alive (at least in the beginning); (no need to mention "in agony").
    There is however a thing that I find spooky: The way the red text addresses the player. Especially the "I'll have everything I want... and... I want you." part. But the whole idea of a great evil that's kept from this world not even by a wall, but by a door is spooky.

As for a spooky story, I don't really have one, but there's the worst start for such a story (which I find amusing; in case you haven't already seen it somewhere). "It was Friday the 13th, a dark night of Halloween."
    “Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.” - "Alice in Wonderland"

Comment

I have to say, if there was one scene that really scared me, it was when I first played through Timecrest 2 and AC got burned to death by Ignis. I had formed such a connection with the new characters and was mortified to think that I had somehow made a choice down the line that had led to this - and it was so graphic too, with his skin burning off and screaming and everything... To make things even worse, when Ash and Elise were down in the pit, he killed himself - even though I knew I would bring him back I was devastated that I had messed up so bad that the character I had grown closest to would have been gone had I not had the ability to restart from a certain point.

Comment

• ChristineMoon
        ChristineMoon commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, watching his head melt was quite freaky. I also did the AC route first, and I took it harder than following Riley to Valdor.

I was very scared the first time the handwritten text messages began to be sent to Ash’s watch
      also, I was so scared and touched when Ezra punched the heart of Riley

Comment

• ChristineMoon
        ChristineMoon commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome to the board, Jowairya! The red text was definitely a little freaky. And I never thought Ezra would attack her like that. Quite scary...

Hope to hear more theories from you!

I certainly got scared when the red text first appeared. "When the door opens, I'll have everything I want... and I want you!~" made me shudder at the creepiness. Did they want me? Or my power? Or ash? Oh my! I spent like 20 minutes trying to decipher what it could mean and who it could be from. Could they even possibly get us from the "human" realm?
      but aside from some of the already mentioned scares, I also was spooked when I was replying the beginning and one of the timecrest instructors was killed by "the hooded man". I got chills when I read that. I mean... why would "the hooded man" be allowed to kill timecrest employees?! Timecrest can be a surprisingly terrifying guild...
      Perception is key... How do you perceive what you know?

Comment

There were a few scenes that scared me- the Ezra scene and graphic Ignis scene in chapter 8.

But probably the most scary part to me was the man in the Wispy Brook house (Chapter 10, AC path).

I already thought it was strange to see a burning man running out, and didn’t immediately make the connection that the man on the chair was the same.

Now I’m searching for a key to get into the room, and I remember the man downstairs. Easy enough- he hasn’t moved a muscle last time. And as you walk up, he jumps up, screams “VIOLET EYES!! DIE!!” and you read “Ash was strangled to death by the crazed man”.

I was completely shocked and maybe even a little spooked. It was one thing reading chapter 8, because anything can happen in a battle. But when you don’t expect the man to be there, much less move, it definitely catches you off guard.

Comment

I think what scared me the most was a story from the memory oracle. I am going to do my best to do the spoiler tag properly, but I cannot promise that I will get it right. Ezra was running to the tree because all his mother did all day was beat him. He terrorized Ezra and his father, and no matter what Ezra did to pacify her, it was never enough.
          I apologize greatly if I did it incorrectly. In terms of my own spooky story, I will share something that happened to me once in a cab. Just as background, I happen to be blind. They were doing construction at my apartment complex, so I took a cab home. When I got into the cab, I heard the cab driver make strange sounds with his nose. It did not sound like a cold. He ominously told me that he was doing me a favor by taking me home, as he could have gotten far better fares downtown. I said as little as possible. When we got to my complex, I asked him to please help me find the entrance. He screamed at me that I was being a baby since I couldn’t do it myself. It was deserted, but he walked me to the entrance, all the while, making strange sounds with his nose. I hope this story was not triggering for anyone. Thanks for listening.
          Last edited by Ben; 11-07-2017, 03:56 PM. Reason: Fixed the spoiler tag :)
          Love is my strength

Comment

• Ben
            Ben commented
            Editing a comment
            Gotcha covered crysania! My god that is truly terrifying, I'm very sorry you had to go through that 🙁

• ChristineMoon
            ChristineMoon commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree with Ben- definitely a scary feeling! I probably would’ve cried. Sorry that you had to deal with that.

Thanks for editing my post so that I didn’t spoil anything for anybody. And thanks for the empathy.
          Love is my strength

Comment

The scene that I found to be the most terrifying is a tie between going to Valder in the past and watching Chronos slaughter the army while the king watches and sends his men to their deaths. Even more so the second time I went though that scene because of the person who killed her brother in the house. The first time I didn’t go in the house. So, to try to format this in a way that hopefully makes me eligible, here goes.

The first visit to Valder in the past scared me because of the graphic descriptions and the prevellent death in the air. It was made only more disturbing the second time through because I decided to go down the side streets and into the house where the lady killed her brother. Though, the part that rubbed me the wrong way the most was when Chronos was killing the army that the king kept snding to their deaths, and especially the creep standing with the king who was licking his lips.

Comment

• ChristineMoon
              ChristineMoon commented
              Editing a comment
              So true- what decent king would send his army to a guaranteed death? (Not to mention the stupidity of leaving yourself unguarded when the army is dead- who knows if the maniac guarding him was any good).

At least I justify the side-street as a mercy killing to prevent worse happening to the brother.
          Working...
          X