Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weekly Question: Petora's Hair Colors: Gift or Curse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekly Question: Petora's Hair Colors: Gift or Curse?

Hello to everyone! I am excited to show you this question I have been sitting on for a while during my time away. One main question that we are missing is what does Petora's hair colors mean? I'm sure a lot of you have tried to convince Elise to leave the guild to get the answer, but to no avail. In Ash's flashbacks on Mount Asura, Petora's hair was seen changing between orange, red, and black constantly, and in several different scenes we have seen blues, violet, and other colors. However, in Chapter 9 if you put out the fire in Block M, we see a scene with Elise and Petora:

Petora's hair color... it's changing from navy glue to a light red.

Elise said, "So you still can't control it, even now. But I guess now you're strong enough to not need protection."

Petora narrowed her eyes and her hair changed back to navy blue again.

So this begs a deeper question, where do these colors come from, and more than their meaning, how did this phenomenon come about? Was she born with an unstable amount of energy, cursed to embody emotions like the fire of anger (light red), or control and contentment (navy blue)? Or is it just as simple as a mood ring?

As with every weekly question, the first place winner receives 300 Time Crystals, if we have 5 theories we will have a second place winner of 100 Time Crystals, and if we have 8 theories we will have a random prize of 50 Time Crystals. So now, without further ado, fire away!

Welcome back! Brilliant question. Can’t wait to hear some theories.

(And lmao at a human mood ring).

Comment

I feel her hair color shows her mood. But on the first interaction when I met her, it seemed to turn darker the angrier she got. But by the hints above, it looks like, it may be a curse to her something that she cannot control and something that she is frustrated with.

Comment

• ChristineMoon
        ChristineMoon commented
        Editing a comment
        Great answer! Welcome to the forums!

Thank you.

Comment

It's too obvious to be just as simple as a human mood ring, but I feel like the real reason isn't too far off. I believe that Petora's hair isn't an indicator of every emotion, but rather just one - fear.

We see on Mount Astra that Petora's hair changes between brighter colours such as red, orange and yellow. This was during a situation that caused her fear and worry - the brighter her hair gets, the more scared and vulnerable she feels. Many of the other times we've seen her, her hair has been more neutral colours (ie blue, green, purple). These were mainly when we've seen her talking to Ash or anyone else in a less pressured setting, and this fits in nicely with the idea that her hair colour is an indicator of her stress and fear levels.

Finally, we see the confrontation between Elise and Petora during the Timecrest fire, and how during said confrontation Petora's hair changes from blue to red and Elise comments that she's not able to control her ability to change hair colour, but she's not in need of protection anymore anyways. Elise and Petora definitely knew each other from before, and she also seems to be implying that Petora has always been transparent with her fear and was always given protection when one noticed from her hair colour that she was afraid.

She may no longer need protection, but Petora's power seems to be some variation of a curse - her emotions are now exposed and inscrutability is impossible - this can give a huge advantage to anyone working against her, or even prove helpful for anyone working with her and planning on betraying her.

Comment

Ok, so, personally I think it's more of a curse than anything. Granted, I'm only onchapter four right now but bear with me. Petora'a hair is a pretty obvious indicator of her emotions, BUT what if it's only the emotions that she can control the least, such as Anger, Sadness, Fear, etc.? When her hair changes, that's her losing control over the corresponding emotion. For example, and I saw this in a post above, haven't seen the interaction myself, when Petora is talking to Elise, the hair color shift is showing that she's starting to lose control of her temper. When her hair changes back, that means she is getting her anger back under control. The reason I particularly think it's a curse is because it may be a case that it takes an immense amount of emotion to change her hair color. So maybe the trait that hanged her hair color also has the downside of making her more easily emotional, quick tempered, etc. Just my theory, I maybe got something wrong but thats my take, hope it makes sense! Also, this is my first time on the forum so hi!

Comment

• ChristineMoon
            ChristineMoon commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi, and welcome to the forums! Great theory. Hope to hear more in the future!

Congratulations to this week's winner dberryelixir1011! I will be PMing you with how to receive your time crystals. Great theories this week everyone, and I'll see you all next time!

Comment

Working...
          X