Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weekly Question: Why is Connor so interested in Ash's pocket watch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekly Question: Why is Connor so interested in Ash's pocket watch?

Connor Stone, the backstabbing, single-minded mage first found Ash in Tremble Caves, and since then we have seen him search for Ash's pocket watch and its origins. What has he found, and what will he do with the information once he has it? Thanks to Black Mage Arkhan for suggesting this question! As with every weekly question, the first place theory gets 300 Time Crystals, if we have 5 theories we have a second prize of 100 Time Crystals, and with 8 theories we will have a random prize of 50 Time Crystals. And now, without further ado, fire away!

My personal theory about Conner is that he's a trouble maker. Could he simply be trying to find a reason to have Ash expelled from Timecrest? If he found out about the pocket watch, he trace the owners. And if the pocket watch is definetely a husband man relic, then Ash is in trouble.

Comment

He can sense that Ash is special, and like all narcissists, he wants to take it for himself and make use of it. I mean, Ash is clearly not having an auditory hallucination, and he is connected to some pretty powerful people in Timecrest. I'm sure that he can sense that something is up with that pocket watch. Perhaps he sees it as the way of gaining the powerful connections that Ash has. He has the horse on the cart McStop; he thinks that the watch is the source of the connections, rather than the wash being a bonus of sorts for having such a powerful brother
      Love is my strength

Comment

Connor doesn't really see Ash as a current threat. We know this from in chapter 8 when you go to the apple orchard the first time Connor confronts Ash and confirms to himself that Ash can't stop him. He also tries to force his ideals onto Ash, but I think that's because he's afraid. Afraid that there's a chance Ash's philosophy might beat him, though I'm not sure if Connor would be consciously aware of that fear. I believe this because Connor first says, "How are you going to win if you care about every single thing? Every single person?" And he retorts Ash response saying, "I'm not asking you for an answer because I already know you can't. No, it's making you weak right now." Does this seem fishy to anyone? Reconfirming ideas usually means a past trauma related to caring for everyone and losing everything, but also a sliver of doubt. Connor acts similar to Erza in this instance by have an instance of greater knowledge of pain that he thinks can be fixed by taking a unforgiving type approach. Connor is very confident in his abilities and his strategies. But, I don't think we know much about Connor nor the pocket watch. And I think Connor could be related to the Ignis group considered how he didn't die and wouldn't talk about what truly happened to Adam and Co. It would be a smart plan. Have someone get up ranks faster and get someone else with nothing to lose on an outside team. So what if Connor knew that Ash was special? What if he also realized that the pocket watch Ash carried was special? I think Connor was planning on investigating the watch to see if Ash has any powerful connections, probably slightly confused on why Ash was special and thought of the one main difference between most people and Ash. The pocket watch. Although we don't know what the pocket watch looks like, it's pretty easy to guess that it is unique and well crafted. The pocket watch probably looks expensive which would indicate power, money etc. However the search comes up blank, meaning that it is custom, of an unknown maker and was never for sale. Connor could be certain that Ash didn't make the watch from lack of tinkering and interest/care if Connor ever watched Ash, especially while the connection was failing. But now Connor is left with a mystery that will probably be unsolvable until the future if ever.

P.S. I'm sorry if I got slightly off topic. Also not sure Connor is as single or simple minded as you may think, but that's a theory. ("A Game Theory") I just guess that from all the attention that the writers give to each and every character to make it realistic.
        Last edited by AngelRen; 06-27-2017, 08:43 PM.
        Perception is key... How do you perceive what you know?

Comment

I think he's found out that Ash has connected to the human world & that kind of magic is unfamiliar to him. He wants to know how someone who doesn't have any other kind of noticeable magic ability could have done that. I'm sure he's frustrated that Ash was promoted and that he and his friends survived the trials because it makes his success look less impressive.

Comment

• ChristineMoon
            ChristineMoon commented
            Editing a comment
            Welcome to the board, cait.chi, and good luck!

I've only JUST met Conner in the trial caves. And anyone who has been there must have the same basic opinion of him. An opportunist that will do anything to advance his own adjenda which to be honest is not clear to me. But I think Connor sees the watch as a power artifact he would gladly back stab , lie steal or cheat to obtain. I don't trust him. And will have my guard up until he's proven himself as a trusted travel companion. Which I can't see happening but time will tell. And I've been wrong with people before

Comment

• ChristineMoon
            ChristineMoon commented
            Editing a comment
            I completely agree about your thoughts on Connor. Welcome to the board, good luck, and I can't wait to hear more of your theories.

Congrats on our first place winner AngelRen and our second place winner Duggiefreshness! I will be PMing you on how to receive your time crystals. I will be on a temporary leave from weekly questions as things have gotten extremely busy for me, but I will be back in the fall. While I am away, Cowbunny will be taking over the weekly questions. Until next time everyone!!!

Comment

Working...
          X