So... who do you hate the most?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So... who do you hate the most?

I'm expecting a chorus of "Roger!", but honestly, he's a decent guy once you get past his long list of issues.

So, who is the one character that you really hate? Is it Janus, for the way he talks about his own daughter? Maybe Conner- who lets their competition (or friend Adam) die?! I could say Alan, but I'd probably kill Roger if he were my brother. And Ignis... willing to kill innocents if it reaches his end game (more like Chronos than we ever thought...).

So, who is top on your list?

I guess I'll start it... if I had to pick just one person, it would have to be Conner. While there are worse characters out there, I would like to believe that they have justifiable (in their minds) reasons for their actions.

Conner is the exception to that rule. He is more concerned with winning than the well-being of others, even if it costs people their lives. He let a friend die without any remorse. He also destroyed the apple courtyard without hesitation just to prove a point to Ash.

While he's not a main character, I believe he is a borderline sociopath who would be extremely dangerous if recruited by Ignis/ Scarlet.

Comment

• ChristineMoon
      ChristineMoon commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not sure- worst case is that you could argue that he was only trying to harm Adam instead of kill him (as a threat to keep quiet, perhaps?). One day, try giving him your potion and he will explain what happened. Maybe he couldn't go through with murder...

• Alicia von Gryphon
      Alicia von Gryphon commented
      Editing a comment
      I always give him my potion. Even if I lose resources, I couldn't pass him knowing he's suffering and nor should Ash (even if they are only characters). But Adam only knows what happened to him from his own point of view. He doesn't know what Connor was thinking. Until I'll read Connor's thoughts... I prefer giving everyone the benefit of the doubt.

• ChristineMoon
      ChristineMoon commented
      Editing a comment
      I always feel bad for characters, and geez, they're characters! Like when you can bet against Roger, but you know he's going to run out of money soon. I always feel guilty, but it never stops me...

I've given and kept the potion. In the end, it changes nothing but makes you feel better (and gains AC vs. Roger relationship).

While Erza probably has justifiable reasons to destroy all of Alyncia and kill Riley, he's still my least favorite (for now, ignis is creeping up to that spot and there is probably a more terrible character out there) I just HATE the whole "trick question" set up. The first time I played Timecrest 2, when I encountered this. I was extremely peeved for the next hour. I actually went back (using load game) and went down the other path. Then AC died... then I switched back to Erza. But darn it Erza! I will certainly not be "praising the first" for this.
    Perception is key... How do you perceive what you know?

Comment

I played AC first, so when Ezra asked if I'd sacrifice 1 person, I saw it coming. But I was sooooo PO'ed when AC had died. He had *just* gotten his spells, darn it!!

I hated Ignis 100x worse than I hated Ezra, even if I think that Riley's death was worse. Maybe Ezra needed to kill the (not quite last) Valdorian to save the world. But Ignis was pure vengeance.

Comment

• AngelRen
        AngelRen commented
        Editing a comment
        I couldn't even be angry at Ignis because I couldn't stop grieving over AC. I pitifully kept playing to see if maybe AC wasn't dead, but when I stopped denying his death, my thoughts were like "ok, I can live with Riley's death but I am not living with AC's." Makes me feel bad for Ash that I care more for AC then Riley.
        Darn favorite characters for being so lovable and then having plot twist deaths! ;~;

Elise. She's not really a bad person especially compared to the others mentioned here I don't think, but in terms of personality and character, she's pretty obnoxious and eye-roll inducing to me so far. which is a shame because I do like her design. It's not that I necessarily think she's objectively awful, she just grates pretty hard on a lot of personal pet peeves.

I think it's because I was somewhat similar to her when I was younger. i could imagine myself saying some of the snarky, unnecessary, waste-of-time, over-edgy stuff she says when I was like...10. She comes off as a troublesome child to me moreso than mysterious or cool.

Fulgur gets honorable mention for doing literally nothing except laugh so far.

I'm not too far in the story still and I really shouldn't have read some of these comments LMAO but I do think Connor is a pretty solid choice too. Roger is only really no thanks to me because of his comment when you suggest that Elise doesn't have to be straight, but otherwise, cowardly lion characters are fine to me. It's Ash who has to deal with him anyways...!

Sorry for the necro, but this is a pretty timeless question.

Comment

• ChristineMoon
        ChristineMoon commented
        Editing a comment
        No necros here.... threads never die, they just hibernate until we wake them again.

I almost feel bad for Roger because of how mean Elise is. But when you play enough, you'll find out why she acts that way. She didn't have many friends growing up, and I think she's afraid to open up to people. (Her oracle is definitely my favorite).

Fulgur is a bit scary. One day talk to Chronos after registering for the trials to learn more. It takes you on a different path than talking to Riley, which is why I love playing again- so many options!

I think I hate Ezra the most. I hated watching him kill Riley. Riley seemed so sweet, and it hurt Ash so much. I know that there are probably more evil characters out there, like Ignus, but Ezra really hit my pet peeves in terms of cruelty.
      Love is my strength

Comment

• ChristineMoon
        ChristineMoon commented
        Editing a comment
        Summoning the meteors was also a pretty jerk-ish thing to do. I'd love to know what he meant when he told Ash he made the same decision (save the planet over one person).
    Working...
    X