Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weekly Question: What happens with Team 13 when you go with Riley in Ch 8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekly Question: What happens with Team 13 when you go with Riley in Ch 8?

As we know, in Chapter 8 you get a choice on whether to keep your promise to roger, well right when you said you would at least, or go with Riley to speak with Ezra. But what happens when you go with Riley? What happens to team 13 and to the others in the fight? As with every weekly question, the first place theory gets 300 Time Crystals, if we have 5 theories we have a second prize of 100 Time Crystals, and with 8 theories we will have a random prize of 50 Time Crystals. So, without further ado, fire away!

To clarify, is your question assuming that the fight goes on in Howling Pass whether or not Ash is there, and asking how the Team handles the attack?

Comment

I just played through going with Riley. Chapter 8 is pretty explicit that they fight with Alan. Fulgur shows up and they run Away. Roger's got a good shiner that came from the King of Windsorhowl and he was disowned. Sounds like it really goes down the same whether we choose to go with Riley or not other than AC that is.
      Last edited by Unclechawie; 05-09-2017, 04:46 AM.

Comment

They all decide to leave ash for their own reasons, and Ash has to face the final part where Ash discovers the door alone
        Love is my strength

Comment

Basically, Roger, Elise, and A.C find Scarlet and Sol outside of the howling pass. They fight Ignis and Scarlet, and Roger confronts Alan. Without Ash to cheer them on and try to find out who the imposter is, they run when Fulgar shows up. Fulgar uses the spell and A.C, Roger, and Elise fall into the Howling Pass. Everyone shows up at the castle, and Roger gets disowned. They travel out of Windsorhowl meeting Ash.

Comment

Wow- we're racking up the theories pretty quickly this week, and some pretty good ones at that.

I'll add my theory if it helps get us to 5, but I'm taking a week off since I have enough for the orb generator.

Comment

I've played the game through before, and went with Riley instead of Roger, and the group told me when I met up with them that they got attacked and that Riger was disowned. I do wonder why. Could his family be involved in some plot with Chronos or Ithius?

Comment

• ChristineMoon
                ChristineMoon commented
                Editing a comment
                Next time, trying following Roger instead of Riley- it totally changes the entire story.

They are not involved with Chronos or Ignis, but if you play enough to get the back stories (memory oracles), you'll understand what's going on with Roger's family. It's worth reading.

Haha I guess this one may not have been as lucrative as I thought, but really what I want to know is what might we not see? If they left anything out, then what are some possible scenes that maybe later in Timecrest 3, when Ash finds Team 13(if he does, 🤞) , what kind of things might we hear? Like something that might explain why Roger split from the group, I have kind of felt that maybe there was something deeper, when did the switch go off in his head, and could it have been when Ash was absent? I hope that this can bring inspiration, and maybe a little clarity too 😅

Comment

• ChristineMoon
                ChristineMoon commented
                Editing a comment
                I think Roger is your textbook case of "talk big to hide low self esteem". He left because he felt left out constantly, and the fact that Alan knew things about Ash was the last straw.

But looking specifically for things that happened/ were unanswered during the game time, I would love to know:

(Riley path) where Roger ended up, and what did AC see that caused him to leave?

(Roger path) what happened to AC? Could Elise see him?

What happened to Riley that gave someone mind control over her? What really happened between Chronos and the being of light? How did Marik get recruited by Ignis? What interests Connor about Ash's watch, and what will he do with that info?

Didn't want mine to count, adding my theory just so you hit 5.

We know that the fight still goes on, but for a different reason. Alan and Ignis are laying low in Windsorhowl, recovering from being attacked by Olliver in Tremble Caves (perhaps Ignis feels more powerful away from water). Going back to a previous weekly question, Chronos is keeping track of Ash through the watch. When Ash is with Ezra, the signal is lost. Chronos is unsure of where Ash is and assumes (he) is with Team 13 and in danger. So Chronos sends Fulgur to follow/ protect them from Ignis. But Ignis can't be bothered to fight with anyone except Ash so he disappears. The team travels safely to Windsorhowl. We know the rest- Roger is disowned, beaten, and has his heart broken. AC and Elise are entertained, but nothing changes with them.

Comment

There are a few things different without Ash. Alan still shows up, but he is just protecting his home turf from Roger. Ignis doesn't care about fighting the group because Ash isn't there. AC never remembers his lightning because he wasn't attacked by Ignis. When Fulgur shows up, he still teleports the group away. The group goes to Windsorhowl, and meet up with Ash on the way out.

Comment

Congratulations to this week (or I guess 2 week) question, ChristineMoon! If you would like to give your code to someone else, you are free to do so. And to our second place winner Rail Trainer! Sorry that I missed a week, life got a little crazy with final exams and it slipped my mind 😅 Hopefully the next question will be good enough to make up for it!

Comment

Congrats to ChristineMoon and Rail Trainer.

Thanks, Ben! Hope finals went well for you! I recall the stress of midterms or finals week sometimes because I still have dreams about forgetting to study. So much relief when I wake up from those.
                    Last edited by The Crab; 05-22-2017, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Ben - we've missed you! Hope you did well on your finals. And thanks again for nominating me!

The Crab I'm going to a reunion this year (I won't admit to which...), and I still have dreams of forgetting homework and tests.

Comment

Working...
                      X