Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weekly Question: Who is the author behind the ominous "Good Man" poem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekly Question: Who is the author behind the ominous "Good Man" poem?

There have been a few questions before this regarding the man behind the red text, who the Good Man is, but now I want to ask, instead of being theoretical, who is the true author of this poem? I'd love to hear your theories on this, and maybe solve who this guy (or girl –cowbunny) is! As with every weekly question, the winner gets 300 Time Crystals, if we get 5 theories we will have a second prize winner of 100 Time Crystals, and if we have 8 theories, we will have a random prize of 50 Time Crystals. So, without further ado, fire away!
    Last edited by cowbunny; 04-04-2017, 02:40 PM.

It is Ezra, because he delights in the chaos that his poetry incites in people. He killed Riley needlessly, and later insinuated to Ash That he did it because he was given that choice one day and has passed. He seems to love to be the random element of purposeless darkness that hints at a purposefulness that can never be unearthed. The good man poetry seems to point in a direction. What is that direction? Only Ezra knows, if there is a direction at all. It may be only a little mental chicanery for Ezra's enjoyment, so that he can watch you try futilely, or to make you experience some sort of feeling. Perhaps he wants you to experience something that he wants felt, and he believes that only great pain can make you experience the feeling that still causes him so much torment. Or perhaps it is nothing more than his dark sense of humor, just as the poem could be nothing more than a little dark rhyme to cause a little anxiety .
    Love is my strength

Comment

I think it's Alvin, Ezra's human friend , in Ezra's Memory Oracle, if we look at "Birthday" (Chapter 5) then we get this quote
      "Alvin continued to type on his laptop, his long and graceful fingers flying over the keys. He was writing something again. Maybe another poem?"
      And the text colour is red, which can be a hint toward the apple trees that Alvin and Ezra grow in Chapter 3 of the Memory Oracle as apples are also red.

Sadly though, this is all I can think to back this one up.

Comment

• ChristineMoon
        ChristineMoon commented
        Editing a comment
        If you don't mind I'll add to back up yours.

Chapter 9
        Ignis: you still think it's your magic that led to the connection...

Ash: I learned the Nexutas spell from an apple. Well, at least I think I did.

Ezra, part 3-
        Ezra (holding an apple): I searched for that warm feeling, the life of the Red Tree... The words came to me. Nexutas Ultimas.

• JohnnyValdezi
        JohnnyValdezi commented
        Editing a comment
        That backs up how Apples are the connection between the worlds, but not that this person is the original poem maker.

I think the good man is someone who want to recover what their lost - It could be Ignis.

"There once a good man who lived in a house alone.
      He didn't want any visitors so he kept his door locked. (Ash said that after Ignis's sister died, he disappeared.)
      That is until I knocked, knocked and knocked. (The evil persuade him to try revive his sister with dark magic?)
      The man wouldn't see me at first.
      He tried to resist the inevitable thirst.
      This is how it happens, I've seen it so many times.
      First comes curiosity, second comes desire.
      Third comes an itch that is most dire.
      For even a good man like him couldn't resist seeing more. (People said Ignis tried to bring his sister back, and we know that bring people from death is a bad idea and maybe needs dark magic.)
      So he opened his eyes and unlocked the door." (Ignis finally bring his sister back)

But even though the poem was made before Ash came to Wispy Brook, it match with the Ash situation too. Ash (the good man) asked to open the door to revive his parents/A.C. back.
      "Time to recover what you have lost.
      There is but just one little cost.
      Power, vengeance and something more.
      Find out who you are at the core.
      Child, it's time to open the door."

I'm still not sure who is the good man, hope we can know who is he/she in Timecrest 3.

Comment

Originally posted by black mage arkhan View Post
        I think the good man is someone who want to recover what their lost - It could be Ignis.

He didn't want any visitors so he kept his door locked. (Ash said that after Ignis's sister died, he disappeared.)
        That is until I knocked, knocked and knocked. (The evil persuade him to try revive his sister with dark magic?)
        For even a good man like him couldn't resist seeing more. (People said Ignis tried to bring his sister back, and we know that bring people from death is a bad idea and maybe needs dark magic.)
        So he opened his eyes and unlocked the door." (Ignis finally bring his sister back)

But even though the poem was made before Ash came to Wispy Brook, it match with the Ash situation too. Ash (the good man) asked to open the door to revive his parents/A.C. back.

I'm still not sure who is the good man, hope we can know who is he/she in Timecrest 3.

Originally posted by Ragnarok View Post

See the difference? C'mon, copying is not cool 😐 (Especially Ragnarok is my previous account)
        Roger's Non-Believer Follower.

Comment

• South
          South commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow. You still don't get it, do you? You need to use your own opinion - your own answer, maybe you can use someone else's theory to strengthen your theory, but not copying theirs and claim as yours! There is no different from pure copy and copy with lil edit, copy is still copy. C'mon, I am sure you can make your original answer. I am feeling hopeless now..
          Last edited by South; 04-08-2017, 03:57 AM.

• ChristineMoon
          ChristineMoon commented
          Editing a comment
          Aw, South, they do say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. It really was a fantastic theory.

Besides, I'm sure (he?) was joking/ being sarcastic with that last comment.

• Nyctofrost
          Nyctofrost commented
          Editing a comment
          People who steal other people's work is kind of the people I dislike. I would rather have a bad theory instead of copying someone's good theory. Please don't do this again. I'm not very happy.
          Last edited by Nyctofrost; 04-09-2017, 11:34 AM.

Originally posted by JohnnyValdezi View Post
        I think it's Alvin, Ezra's human friend , in Ezra's Memory Oracle, if we look at "Birthday" (Chapter 5) then we get this quote
        "Alvin continued to type on his laptop, his long and graceful fingers flying over the keys. He was writing something again. Maybe another poem?"
        And the text colour is red, which can be a hint toward the apple trees that Alvin and Ezra grow in Chapter 3 of the Memory Oracle as apples are also red.

Sadly though, this is all I can think to back this one up.
        Don't want to spoil this thought of your's so I'll spoiler my response and run with it providing a little more back story:

Alvin is the author of the "Good Man" poem. What we know:

Alvin has control over time (time crystals), just like our role for Ash, however he seems to be physically present in Alyncia.
        Alvin and Ezra were good friends.
        Alvin knew Ezra was to be King (manipulation of events through time crystals?)
        Ezra views Ash as an exception which would likely be the same for Chronos and says exceptions can't be allowed
        Chronos, Ash, Oliver, Ezra, prior King, Ignis all have lost loved ones and would be subject to desire to bring them back
        Ignis' sister was killed by the people of his town (per him)

Alvin causes the death of the loved one of the King of the prior kingdom and then offers to bring them back. The King accepts and the price is so high, his Kingdom is cursed. The Kingdom eventually falls and Ezra rises to power. Eventually Alvin betrays Ezra and Ezra loses a loved one. He puts two and two together and sees the coming downfall of his kingdom and refuses the power vowing to fight Alvin to the end. Alvin eventually gets the ear of King Janus and causes the Valdorian disease. Having blamed the humans, they are actively being pursued and killed and Chronos' and Ash's parents are casualties, among others causing Chronos to forgo our advice (as we are the same friend that Chronos had, but somehow our memory has been erased (a la AC, maybe others) and attack the kingdom. The man we see next to Janus is Alvin. Ezra confronts Chronos due to his access and use of our time crystals, knowing that could only possibly lead to the desire to find a way to bring his parents back and ultimately to Alvin, who knows how. Chronos manages to seal Ezra in the Chronogem and continues down the path to finding a way to bring his parents back. Ultimately, due to the ban of humans, the townspeople of Ignis' hometown killed Scarlet causing Ignis and as an extension, Chronos to find Alvin, who is ultimately the one behind this scheme as he needs access to the time crystals and thus Ash and the pocketwatch.

Since the Timecrest Merchants (multiple) desire to hoard the crystals (from the TOD Generator description), Portia, is either in league with Alvin or Ezra.
        If Alvin, this it is an attempt to collect enough time crystals to accomplish his spells. If Ezra, she is aware of Alvin and thus trying to prevent him from acquiring the time crystals. Also, it now makes much more since, in Chapter nine, when you cross the chasm on Aion, there is no Irillium flowing. Chronos took it all and had it converted to time crystals. Though, Aion is completely made of Irillium, why couldn't it be broken up to convert into time crystals?

OK, so yeah. Thoughts?

Comment

• ChristineMoon
          ChristineMoon commented
          Editing a comment
          There is definitely a lot of brilliance in there. But we know that Chronos' and Ash's father was human, I'm not sure there's anything saying that the mother was. Unless they went after her for marrying a human, and took down her kids as a result...

((Never mind- I chose a different path and found out something new. So now I'm totally buying everything you said.))

Yeah, amazing theory.
          Last edited by ChristineMoon; 04-06-2017, 12:46 PM.

• AngelRen
          AngelRen commented
          Editing a comment
          Totally late to the party, but your theory both makes sense and blows my mind. Wow. If Timecrest was real, I would be terrified if this theory was true.

• Alicia von Gryphon
          Alicia von Gryphon commented
          Editing a comment
          Your theory is completely amazing!!!
          Might I ask how many times you went through the game in order to gain such a deep understanding of its story?

Before you knock it, remember that It works towards 5 theories for a second place win...

The author of this poem isn't a guy at all- but Ezra's mother.
        While she seems incredibly hateful of his father, at some point she believed he was a good man, tempted by her to open his heart to love. Unfortunately, it was only a matter of time before another temptation came knocking at his door- alcohol. Now, she resents the good man for turning bad, and is doing everything in her power to control Ezra, to not allow him to be the man she sees his father as.

As Ezra recited the poem, others have added verses ("The poor good man tried to get rid of me, you see...") to make it fit into the current situation.

Comment

I have a crazy theory. I typed this at the last minute and I've been a bit crazy this week since coming so close to finals.

I believe this is a character we have not met yet. Ignis and Scarlet could be ruled out-I don't feel like they write poetry, based on their personality. Ezra and Alvin-Alvin could be the writer of blue text instead, and I doubt Ezra ever went to school. Chronos, Portia, Petora, Fulger-they were born after this poem was written except Portia. However, Portia never turned evil. Ash's friends-common sense, no.
          Also, throughout Timecrest 2, it seemed like Ignis and Chronos were following orders. They were not to kill Ash for some reason. This person giving orders can be behind the red text. This might be the good man, turned evil. His other messages are written kind of poetically. However, like the poem, this man is hidden. This character may be reveal

Comment

• ChristineMoon
            ChristineMoon commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome! I figured you'd be the one to come through with theory #5.

• Nyctofrost
            Nyctofrost commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, there will be two winners now! XD

Congratulations to our first place winner unclechawie and to our second place winner ChristineMoon! I will be messaging you with your codes to get your time crystals. See you in the next question!!!

Comment

Congratulations
            Love is my strength

Comment

Working...
            X