Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conspiracy theory- it's all Ash's fault?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conspiracy theory- it's all Ash's fault?

Not Ash?! Not our hero!! Obviously not on purpose, simply a pawn in a larger game...

Why? I believe it was Ash who unfroze the meteors. When we tune in, it is essentially the end of chapter 5, on Mt. Asura with a moving meteor. We have no idea why Ash is even there! But we realize it's a timeloop, and we've just broken it.

But why did Ash unfreeze them in the first place? Ash blamed Chronos for unfreezing the meteors. But why would he? He has already beaten Ezra, and is a hero to the land. Obviously Ezra couldn't do it- he was trapped in the chronogem. By Ash showing up on the time-frozen plane, he was finally released. That leaves Ignis a fire master with a strong hatred for Ash. But he is a fire Mage, useless in a plane of time that cannot be traveled. Though they may be related, it's not through the person with time genes. . Lastly, Janus- assuming the time loop theory, it would be a great revenge for Valdor to send Ash to the mountain to alter time. Ash wouldn't have remembered seeing him (no amulet yet). He clearly doesn't care about his own life or Riley's.

Our only other option? You. Yes, you tuned in after they were moving, but Chronos pointed out that it was not your first contact with Alyncia. Still, I doubt that's the case.

Now the big question is if Ash didn't wake up thinking, "gee, those meteors look like they might kill us today" who told Ash to stop them from moving, and set off the chain of events?

I don't think Ash unfroze the meteors.

First, when you go to Lyall in chapter 4, somehow the metors unfroze and killled Ash's parents.

Second, if you go to Aion in chapter 4, you will see Petora and Fulgur ask Ash how he knows the Chronos's plan to unfreeze the meteors (I dont know the exact story, but it is more or less).

But how Ash can move on top of Asura where the time is frozen is still mystery for me.

Comment

I thought I remembered that conversation, but just started another play through. I think this time I'll finally kill off Ash's parents- I've been dreading it.

I'm guessing he can move either because he is a time mage, so not as affected by frozen time, or possibly because of the pocket watch.

I'm not saying that all potential outcomes (Lyall in chapter 4) are caused by Ash, but something about being on top of Mt. Asura may have been a catalyst.

Comment

• ChristineMoon
        ChristineMoon commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow. I usually try so hard to say Ash and just realized I said "he" twice there.

• Text
        Text commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a plausible theory there. I do, however, think that anyone can traverse a plane of frozen time, as Ezra has no time magic, and yet he was able to see Ash when he was frozen (presumably inside?) by the Chronogem. It's either anyone can traverse frozen time or the Chronogem did something to Ezra, which is unlikely, as Chronos would've almost definitely spotted such a blunder.

• ChristineMoon
        ChristineMoon commented
        Editing a comment
        I think the Chronogem was more like a jail for Ezra- he was trapped inside, but not necessarily frozen within it. As if the Chronogem only affected what surrounded it. I've considered that myself, and read carefully to see if there were any descriptions when you meet Ezra or after he is released, because I had wondered if it aged him.

If anyone could move inside of frozen time, then the only thing keeping people away from the Chronogem was Asura's heat, easily solved by the Ignis Amulet.

This is just a test please ignore this

Comment

Working...
      X