Navigating chapter 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navigating chapter 4

I will try and get through this without spoilers, and please don't spoil anything for me. If you're new, I recommended trying Aion because there is a great scene up there to see at least once. Totally changes your view of the game.

My question is, am I missing any spectacular scenes that would make me redo this chapter with alternate decisions? I'm still planning on a play through where I spend 2 orbs to jump the chasm again (yes, I know, it's not so much a boost as trading Currency). I've beaten part 1 3x now, and I want to make sure I missed nothing good.

I started chapter 4, received Riley's note. I chose to go to Aion, eventually found Riley, and died. Restart chapter 4.

Once again, received Riley's note but chose to go to Valdor. Found something interesting, eventually used Gravitas, and died. Restart chapter 4.

See above. Riley's note, Valdor, interesting discovery, and chose to run. You will never guess what happened. Said a bunch of things I can't repeat here, died AGAIN, restarted chapter 4.

Last play of chapter 4, chose to go to Valdor, did what I had to, ended up where I needed to.

So, please tell me there's some phenomenal secret to find next time around. Otherwise, at least I learned the path of least resistance.

I don't know if this cheating or not (if this count cheating, forgive me lol and tell me, I will delete this post)

you could save the game before you choose your path, then choose your first path.
    after finish the first path, load the game you saved before. Then choose the second path. This strategy make you dont need to finish the game / restart the game to choose another path. And oh, you won't spend orbs or gold for unnecessary thing.
    Last edited by South; 03-14-2017, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• JohnnyValdezi
      JohnnyValdezi commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think South meant backing up the clock to speed up the game. I think he just meant doing the other options normally.

Also, the devs gave us a "load/save" option, if we can't use it to prevent dying, then idk what we can use it for.

• South
      South commented
      Editing a comment
      It's only make me don't waste orbs or golds for something I don't need, I still spend it when I have to. I don't get unlimited gold or gems, only chance to return back to my saved game (I imagine it like time magic, when you do something wrong you can turn back the time)

• ChristineMoon
      ChristineMoon commented
      Editing a comment
      Johnny- based on someone's misfortune (not sure if here or on Twitter), it keeps your gems saved on the cloud if you delete by accident.

And I know what he meant. I was just looking for a faster way to get through the story, and spending the gems was worth it.

But even making the wrong choices lets me find new things out.

I heard there's a scene you can achieve if you go to Valdor, leave, then go to Lyall. It'll apparently affect the game later on, I can not confirm yet, as I skipped my chance to do it.

There is a way to get to Chapter 5 almost immediately from Chapter 4 (literally immediately if you can buy an orb) but I don't feel like spoiling

Comment

• ChristineMoon
      ChristineMoon commented
      Editing a comment
      One day I'll reach the point that I can log in to collect without playing, but I enjoy it too much now. I want to try that!

A daily orb generator sounds awesome, but I'm still holding out for a potion generator in Part 3. (Yes, I know that's speculation, but a girl can dream).

• ChristineMoon
      ChristineMoon commented
      Editing a comment
      I saw the scene, and then watched how it affects chapter 8, when you're traveling with Team 13.

My goal is to do a playthrough changing decisions every run to know the best choices. I have ridiculous flow charts graphing choices. (Yes, I've saved/ loaded a few times, but mostly replayed).

I know there's no wrong path, but I hate knowing I could've prevented that choice. I'm worried how it will affect part 3.

• JohnnyValdezi
      JohnnyValdezi commented
      Editing a comment
      That reminds me, I did find something that would let me branch off and come back together again. I can start implementing it next run. Hopefully

JohnnyValdezi , I remember that too, but I can't seem to find it anymore. I've been looking for a way to skip over Valdor altogether, or at least without causing any harm.

I know it can be done if you visit Asura earlier, but I skipped it this time around. Do I have to restart to avoid that path?

Comment

• JohnnyValdezi
      JohnnyValdezi commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, the only way to skip Valdor is to go to Asura and gain the Magnus spell.

• ChristineMoon
      ChristineMoon commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! Appreciate the help!
Working...
X