Irillium and gems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irillium and gems

I can't help but wonder if either of these will have a different role in part 3. I'm asking because I bought gems to help me through the game, but am now hoarding them just in case something better than the daily Teleport Orb comes along.

I so badly want to see what's on the other side of the chasm in Part 1, Chapter 2. But I don't want to wait 6 days to earn the money, and am afraid that my impatience will waste the gems.

I have those problems, too. I just played through multiple runs through chapter 2/1 just to hoard some teleport orbs. After I got to Aion, I realized that I had tons of orbs and 2 memory remnants. I teleported over and... It was an ocean of Irillium. That was it. Ash gets one Irillium, and then goes back. You don't lose or gain from it. Not very interesting. At least in chapter 2, anyways.
    If you really wanted to you can teleport over it and then just get back your money from the merchant in Timecrest 2.

I don't know what happens when you do it in Chapter 8/9 though.
    Last edited by Nyctofrost; 02-26-2017, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Thanks, Nyctofrost, for your answer!

I jumped over and back the other day. I'm glad that the irillium made up for the orbs (or will make up in part 2), but I'll be holding it in case part 3 gives me a better option with the irillium.

Comment

• IrisNightfall
        IrisNightfall commented
        Editing a comment
        If I remember correctly, you’ll also see a note from Chronos to Patora (thanking her for the egg sandwich) the second time you visit Aion and cross over, right? You can give the note to Roger afterwards. 🤔

I'm the exact opposite of you. No wonder I'm bad at Ash's finances!

Comment

Honestly, when I do my runs, I skip getting the first Irilliun, the one in chapter 2, because you'd need 2 orbs for it.

Meaning you would need 300 gold to buy those orbs.
        But if you hold 300 gold into the next game you're forced to pay for an orb, leaving you with one extra.
        Meaning you either have to get 450 gold before continuing or buy 300 gold with the exchange.

Either way it ain't worth it.

Comment

It could be... You can talk the merchant into a free orb, so you eventually break even, even though you lay out money.

More importantly, if you get irillium, you can trade it for more crystals. They can be traded for cash (still breaking even), or you can save it towards a TOD, or perhaps part 3 will leave another great option to buy. I mentioned how I'd love to see a potion generator, and that was something the merchant hinted towards just today. I hope it comes true.

Comment

• JohnnyValdezi
            JohnnyValdezi commented
            Editing a comment
            But to talk him into a free orb you can't have 150 gold

• ChristineMoon
            ChristineMoon commented
            Editing a comment
            I didn't know that. On my first play, i chose to bargain and got a 2-for-1 special. The second time (I had 15 gold), I let him examine the pouch, and he gave me a free one.

• JohnnyValdezi
            JohnnyValdezi commented
            Editing a comment
            No matter what, if you have 150 gold you are forced to buy one, can't just keep letting him examine the pouch
        Working...
        X