Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TIMECREST MASTER TRIVIA: Heartbreak - 500 Time Crystal Reward!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a pretty tough question. But the theme plays more than once.

But be sure also to not mix up "stillness" with "heartbreak." I believe we use the stillness song more often, and heartbreak is pretty rare.

Comment

Are we still missing some? I am pretty sure it only plays three times.

Comment

The winning post will need to list how many times, and describe the specific moments it plays.

Comment

The song appears three times, and plays when Riley, A.C, and/or Ash's parents die.

South also deserves some credit for answering before me.

Comment

• cowbunny
            cowbunny commented
            Editing a comment
            I wasn't going to give hints, but this is a difficult bit of trivia. I just wanted to mention that when A.C. dies, only “Stillness” plays, “Heartbreak” is never used on that path. Hopefully Ben won't be mad for me butting in.

• Nyctofrost
            Nyctofrost commented
            Editing a comment
            ... I think this trivia should be cancelled now after the answers were revealed. Changing my post would be cheating.

• cowbunny
            cowbunny commented
            Editing a comment
            It might be premature to cancel. No one has found every use of "Heartbreak" yet. This is a challenging question because some uses might be hidden on paths that you might miss in a given playthrough depending on your choices.

After the trivia is over, can someone send a link to the Heartbreak music? I'm really curious what it sounds like.

I'm trying to keep my volume on more, but still play when I can't have sound often.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristineMoon View Post
            After the trivia is over, can someone send a link to the Heartbreak music? I'm really curious what it sounds like.

I'm trying to keep my volume on more, but still play when I can't have sound often.
            We can't distribute it outside of the game because of the licensing rights, but you can hear a preview of it here:

https://audiojungle.net/item/heartbr...03499?s_rank=1

Just ignore the "audiojungle" voice that is imprinted on the preview. But you can hear what the tune sounds like.

Comment

• Alicia von Gryphon
              Alicia von Gryphon commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow. I also play with no sound (which might change, now that I have heard this). But seriously, wow! It's so touching!

That "audiojungle" really drove me to tears...

Comment

Really close to home

Comment

I think heartbreak plays during Roger's special scene. Unfortunately, this is just guesswork.

Comment

I'd try this, but at this point I gave up playing Timecrest with music on.

Sometimes it's too saddening, but the real reason is that IT'S JUST SO LOUD.

Comment

• JohnnyValdezi
                    JohnnyValdezi commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Honestly, I'm not arguing with you, the music is nice

But my normal volume makes the music blare in my earphones which isn't healthy for my ears.
                    And I'm too lazy to change the volume constantly because I'm in game for like 3 seconds making a choice

• Nyctofrost
                    Nyctofrost commented
                    Editing a comment
                    .... I don't have headphones because they break one way or another. Once I accidently stepped on one.. Try it without headphones.

Was it me or did the prize just increase to 500 time crystals?

Comment

Ben increased the prize due to the difficulty of this question.

Comment

Wow! I just can't believe that prize.

Final answer- it plays in the above areas, and when Chronos kills Ezra in the bonus content.

(Okay, I'm totally making that up. Sorry guys). I'll be listening carefully for the same music without the "audio jungle" as I play through more.

Comment

I can't figure out how to comment directly on #25 from my iPhone, but I just wanted to say to those who are complaining that the music is too loud and so they turn it off: why not just turn it down in the game's settings? There is a specific setting for music volume, right there in the settings for the game to address this very problem.

as for trying to win, I'm only on my first Playthru and up to chapter 10, so I'm sure I haven't heard every occasion yet, so I can only say that it's when Ash's parents die in chapter 4 (although I'm just doing that on hearsay), and of course the guaranteed one, where the princess kicks it in chapter 9.

Comment

• JohnnyValdezi
                          JohnnyValdezi commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I would believe I am the very person you're complaining about, and I would if I did have this option. But I however, do not

I really want to guess something... but I'm not sure if it's right.

Comment

Working...
                        X