Weekly Question: Who is the Good Man?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekly Question: Who is the Good Man?

"There once was a good man who lived in a house alone. He didn't want any visitors so he kept his doors locked. That is until I knocked, knocked, and knocked. The man wouldn't see me at first. He tried to resist the inevitable thirst. This is how it happens, I've seen it so many times. First comes curiosity, second comes desire. Third comes an itch that is most dire. For even a good man like him couldn't resist seeing more. So he opened his eyes and unlocked the door." An ominous poem to say the least. But a question that still rages in the mind of fans is who is the good man? What is the poem about? Is this the same door that we are chasing? So many questions... Let me know your answers!!! As always, the best theory gets 300 Time Crystals!!! Good luck!

I think this person is Ignis. He has reason (wanting his sister Scarlet back after she was murdered> and he has opportunity.
    one question you haven't asked is this. the personh the door in Ash's dream is Jgnis. Why does he blame Ash for what has happened to him? I have no answers, but I'd love to see what other answers people give to that question, too.

Comment

I have actually been wondering a lot about that question too. I would like to see the middle part of Ignis's life that Ash, directly or indirectly, had been responsible for destroying. I will definitely make this the next question, as it does seem very interesting to see other's theories on the matter! And credit will go to you, of course

Comment

Well the poem is related to a later part in Chapter 10, if you go to Windsorhowl with Team 13 then you take Riley to Wispy Brook, when you eventually find Ignis's house, I managed to get stuck up on the second floor because I decided to grab that old photo. And as people probably know, the only way to progress in the story at that point, is Ash knocking on this mysteriously locked door three times, like in the poem, which reveals Ignis crying over Scarlet. So it would make sense for it to be Ignis, and he was once a good man, I've also heard three knocks from the door, if you choose not to trust Chronos when going to Windsorhowl, Ash says the door made three knocking sounds.

I would say that Ignis was at home, with his doors locked so that he could be left alone, or maybe so no one killed him as well, and The Door appeared, and he saw Scarlet behind this door. He knew what the door was, and was curious if it would bring her back, which made him desire to open this door, to be with his sister again, which eventually grew into an inevitable itch, so he opened the door.

Comment

I think the good man is someone who want to recover what their lost - It could be Ignis.

"There once a good man who lived in a house alone.
          He didn't want any visitors so he kept his door locked. (Ash said that after Ignis's sister died, he disappeared.)
          That is until I knocked, knocked and knocked. (The evil persuade him to try revive his sister with dark magic?)
          The man wouldn't see me at first.
          He tried to resist the inevitable thirst.
          This is how it happens, I've seen it so many times.
          First comes curiosity, second comes desire.
          Third comes an itch that is most dire.
          For even a good man like him couldn't resist seeing more. (People said Ignis tried to bring his sister back, and we know that bring people from death is a bad idea and maybe needs dark magic.)
          So he opened his eyes and unlocked the door." (Ignis finally bring his sister back)

But even though the poem was made before Ash came to Wispy Brook, it match with the Ash situation too. Ash (the good man) asked to open the door to revive his parents/A.C. back.
          "Time to recover what you have lost.
          There is but just one little cost.
          Power, vengeance and something more.
          Find out who you are at the core.
          Child, it's time to open the door."

I'm still not sure who is the good man, hope we can know who is he/she in Timecrest 3.

Comment

I think the good man is us. We have saved ash from so many different deaths,but I think our powers have their limits.I think eventually Ash will die in a way that we can't revive them,and we will be willing to open the door to something awful to get then back.I think my theory makes sense since we are the ones who have had dreams about the door, and the act of opening it might be an anology for opening a doorway between earth and alyncia.
            Last edited by timecrestfan787; 12-30-2016, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by timecrestfan787 View Post
              I think the good man is us. We have saved ash from so many different deaths,but I think our powers have their limits.I think eventually Ash will die in a way that we can't revive them,and we will be willing to open the door to something awful to get then back.I think my theory makes sense since we are the ones who have had dreams about the door, and the act of opening it might be an anology for opening a doorway between earth and alyncia.
              While I like the idea and enthusiasm behind your theory, I have to debunk it because we haven't been getting dreams about the door. We were getting creepy poems about it, Ash was the one who was getting the dreams about the door.

Comment

I think the good man has yet to be revealed and we are waiting to know. The good man was a character from a poem of unknown origin. And it was taught to children by their parents. This means the good man would have had to been before Ash as his parents had known of the poem before. Also the archive did not know the author. so this would tell me that the author was before the history was recorded.

I also think that the poems and the dreams are coming from someone we haven't yet met. I do like Ben's theory though on this and think it could be practical.

Comment

Thanks Sashimioishi ! I am glad that you enjoyed my theory! To those who haven't read it, my personal theories are that The Good Man is Ash's father, Julius Timecrest and the poem is referring to Helena Timecrest. You can read more about my evidence for the theory on the Timecrest Theories and Discoveries page. I have been thinking of some other challenges based off of your theories, all of which were very impressive to me. On the contrary to what you said, Sashimioishi, it is stated in the Archive Oracle that the author is The Good Man, and that no other information about the author is known. But why would Ignis write this poem? Where does all this fit in? And if The Good Man wrote the poem, was he writing about himself, or some other person? Haha truly for every answer we give 2 more questions arise!

Comment

I would like to crown this weeks winner as Ragnarok for his intense analysis of the poem and how every line fits in with Ignis being The Good Man. I will be PMing you with details on how to redeem your time crystals. Everyone had excellent theories this week and I hope you all had a great holiday and a happy New Year! May 2017 be a great year for you all (and hopefully answer some of these darn questions )!

Comment

• Ragnarok
                      Ragnarok commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you and happy new year!
                  Working...
                  X